Sunday, October 7, 2012

And our next contestant is...... Jackson


Jackson has been with me for three months now and his personality has really come out. He has his quirks like the rest of us but his attitude and resilience are amazing. I say that because Jax (my kids shortened Jackson to Jax) came to us from a shelter after being picked up as a stray. All we knew for certain at that time was he is about 4 years old and blind in one eye. We believe that whatever his background was it was not always the best. When we first took him in at times he was wary and when you raised your voice he tried to shrink himself, this doesn't happen at home anymore.

If he was mistreated or harmed he has overcome it and wants nothing more than to love and be loved. He doesn't let it stop him form making friends and loving people.








He plays with my dogs like they grew up together.









 Last weekend he played with a Dane that outweighed him by 150 lbs and two weeks before that he spent the day playing with an 8 week old blind BT puppy.
I'll boop your nose


I love you

He is house trained and crate trained, walks pretty good on a leash, but he's not much of a runner. If you give him a Nylabone while he's in his crate he's a happy little dude. Really he's a happy little dude all the time, he just wants to be with his people.


He snuggles in my bed in the morning while I get ready for work.




















And if we are watching TV or in my office he finds a soft spot to curl up. He even snuggles into my office chair while I practice piano.


When he's playful he likes to jump at my dogs who happily comply and "bitey face" ensues for the next 20-30 minutes when shiny ball syndrome kicks in and they want to watch TV again.
He is a very adaptable little guy who wants a family to love and a playmate to roughhouse with.




Jax asleep on the floor of the car after a day at the park. 


1 comment:

  1. Jackson looks like an awesome fun dog. I've seen your blog before and wanted to say how nice it looks. Good job.

    ReplyDelete