Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Greetings from Cassie and Callie




Well, I had my big appointment at NC State Veterinary Hospital yesterday. What a great time I had. The car ride was a blast.  I also got so much attention that I am sure that I am a very important puppy.
I don’t know why but my foster moms are not very happy with the outcome. My doctors were so nice and they loved on me like you wouldn’t believe. They said that they thought I was just the cutest girl that they have seen in quite some time.  That all sounded pretty good to me.
They also said that I am never going to see, there is nothing they can do to change my sweet little eyes.  Although they can see a cataract in my right eye, they can’t remove it because the scarring on my cornea is very bad.  And they don’t even know if there is a cataract on my left eye but even if there is they can’t make it go away.  I don’t know what that all means but my “moms” don’t think it’s very good.
Oh well, I don’t know what it’s like to see so I don’t know what the big deal is!
Next week I will start playing with a trainer that knows all about dogs like me. She is going to work with my foster mom and give her instructions on how to make me even better, as if that is possible.

I just want to thank all of you guys that have “ChippedIn” to help my sister Cassie and me.  Although my training will go on for quite some time, I think my doctor’s appointments are just about over.  That makes me sad because I love to be petted on and told how cute I am.
My sister Cassie still has a ways to go. She is healing but the doctors still don’t know if her surgery is a success or not.  She gets to go back to her doctor in two weeks and they should be able to say how much vision she will have.  Her doctor is a bit concerned by the pressure in her left eye but this will be monitored. So Cassie gets to continue her doctor appointments and get loved on by all those people. They tell her that she is the cutest puppy that they have seen in quite some time, too!!!
Paws crossed and lots of BT kisses coming your way. Stay tuned for more information.
Signing out for now and getting ready to take “another” nap.
Callie

Greetings from Cassie
HEY everyone! Check out my e-collar! I am still recovering from my surgery and will see my doctor again soon. Thank you all, from me and Callie, for the loving support and sharing of our story. Your thoughtfulness and generosity have truly been overwhelming! More updates to come.

1 comment:

  1. I am very enjoyed for this blog. It help me very much to solve some problems. Thanks a lot for sharing this with all of us. I appreciate it very much! Looking forward to another great blog!

    ReplyDelete